History repeat itself. You may think I will condemn the governmnet for letting so much brilliant students down. Not exactly.
To dear government or JPA
1. show the list of all JPA scholars that receive overseas scholarships in website and in the newspapers. As a taxpayers, I need to know do you really distribute the scholarships fairly, accurately to the needed students. Please stated their name, course awarded, country that they will study, and perhaps most importantly the family income.
2. Who is the panel who is attending the interview of the selected students and the panel who decide the final decisions of the oversea scholarships? If you can do it transparently with the full video of the interview when those applicants that fail to get the scholarships making an appeal.
To DAP, MCA and MIC
1. I understand why you all making a strong voices for the 'mis-distribution' of JPA scholarships. There is nothing wrong. As most importantly you all asking for a more transparency system in the JPA scholar selection.So I want to ask,
a) Why we should send 2000 students a year to study oversea? This brilliant students can not study in our local university?
b) Government said our public university want to become Top 100 in the world university ranking in XX year.Opposition always urge our local university to improve. Now, you all agree to send all our most brilliant students to oversea, so how will the local university improve if they enrol only second strings of students??
To JPA applicants that fail
1. Bill Gates said," Life is not fair - get used to it." in a high school speech. So? What a big deal of not getting an oversea scholarships? You should in the first hand think why we as a taxpayer need to fund your studies to oversea? I can not see that those JPA scholars have contribute nothing more than the own funded local university graduates.
To JPA scholar
1. First , congrats. Second, I hope you are really qualify of getting the scholarships. DO not waste our taxpayers money. You must think how can you contribute more to Malaysia instead of earning more money for yourself. I know that JPA scholar enjoy their luxury life with the money in oversea. This is why so many people compete for JPA oversea scholarships while many become crying babies when they got offer local JPA scholarships. Please do not deny it, I know that.
My opinion, do not offer any scholarships for courses that you can find in Malaysia. Medicine, engineering, actuary science and so one is very common here. I would rather send a qualify applicant for a music degree instead of engineering.
Besides, we should only send student to further studies for Masters or Phd degree. Again, it has to be Top university and the course is not available in local. Spend wisely of taxpayers money.